04 March 2010

Chapters











I've been working on my report today and have been trying to define a boundary for this study. Only the more I look into this subject, the bigger it becomes.

Subsequently, I've narrowed it all down and decided on my chapters. One thing (amongst many) that I've excluded is researching the idea of dance as a way of visualizing/interpreting sound - although the above Busby Berkeley images do share a similarity to the cymatics I've been looking at. I still think that they're worth ackowledging here.

Meantime, here is the list of chapters for the first section of the research report:


4. INTERPRETING SOUND

4.1 MUSIC NOTATION

4.2 WAVEFORMS, CYMATICS, SPECTROGRAMS AND OTHER CONTEMPORARY SOUND VISUALIZATIONS

4.3 WASSILLY KANDINSKY AND SYNAESTHESIA

4.4 VERBAL REPRESENTATIONS OF SOUND

4.5 JOHN CAGE AND NOISE AS ART

4.6 SILENCE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers