07 February 2010
Perhaps the finest collection of Pelican covers I've found on the web so far is via this link. Arranged according to decade, it is probably the best organised selection too. There are also all the combined Flickr Pelican uploads from across the globe here.
Meantime Olly Moss has done some computer game packaging using the classic Marber grid (below). The full set is viewable on his site (here). However the idea is reminiscent of a number of other projects I had noticed. There was Littlepixel's 'Cover Versions' idea - i.e. classic albums re-imagined as Pelican books - (here), Spacesick's 'I Can Read Movies' series (here) and the Stephane Massa-Bidal's 'Website Collection' posters (here).
Meanwhile, I stumbled on a great blog that is more concerned with the history of books but it is very interesting all the same (here).
- ► 2011 (13)
- Augmented Reality
- Decibel Dingbats by Sokratype
- Sounddesign by Mueller,Weiland
- Studio Tonne
- Bicycle Built for Two Thousand by Aaron Koblin and...
- Form+Format's video for the Shlohmo remix of Robot...
- Music sales by format data visualization
- Enhanced screengrab of Toulon Library visualizatio...
- Toulon Library recording with WMP visualization
- Toulon Library recordings as waveforms
- Cymatics #3
- Music notation: suggested teaching methods
- Herwig Weiser's electrochemical sound-modules
- Silence in the words of...
- How Vision Affects Sound Processing
- Sound and Geographic Visualization
- Augmented Reality drumkit
- Record grooves under an electron microscope
- Spectrogram #1
- New sound recorder
- Source Book of Proposed Music Notation Reforms by ...
- Visual Complexity inspiration
- First group tutorial
- More sound visualizations
- Participation proposal submitted
- Ligeti - Artikulation
- Death of the Diner by Ed Nacional
- Books #6
- Vintage book campaign
- Letter to the British Library
- Central Library, Manchester
- Revised proposal submitted
- A selection of libraries
- Onomatopoeia #1
- Video to sound conversion
- Noise #1
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The External Examiner recommends the Adobe Booksto...
- Proposal #1
- Books #5
- Cymatics #2
- Toulon library images
- The Marber Grid
- Cymatics #1
- Books #4
- Books #3
- Blog layout #2
- Books #2
- Center for Visual Music
- Alex Roman's 3D animation of Kahn's Library
- Mechanized Mules of Victory
- Kate Moross videos for Simian Mobile Disco
- Books #1
- Blog layout #1
- ▼ February (56)