26 February 2010

Augmented Reality

I usually shy away from anything too technological but I'm thinking of incorporating an element of 'augmented reality' with this project now. Bit of a current buzzword [despite being coined as far back as 1990], it refers to the combination of real and virtual worlds.

What has particularly captured my imagination are the images or 'markers' that are used to trigger the virtual elements: some of them can have the appearance of codes or pixelated notation. So I'm wondering if I can create and use any visualizations from our 3Dmax-oriented class that bear a relation to the particular library or noise to use via these keys. Then the trigger itself can be incorporated within any print outputs to be used with a webcam, for example, to generate this other digital entity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Contributors

Followers