"The extraction of natural resources distorts the landscape; the human being exploits the planet as much as the technological progress enables him to do so. The extraction of sound is like a recurrent form of consumption. The chosen method of the sound extraction do not bring the use; it is not left anywhere except the ‘miners’ testimony and in the corrupted sounds recorded by unprofessional fixing device.
The sound waves diverged by the ice surface and come back with the echo from every quarter of the former sand pit. We were throwing ice pieces. We had to find those winning trajectories, which brought the better sound. The glade, not frozen yet, was the target. Our actions brought us a joy but sounds disappeared too quickly, we were not able to collect or to reproduce them. The process took more and more ice pieces, which almost were not remain on the shore, and the November twilights get into the night."
10 February 2010
- ► 2011 (13)
- Augmented Reality
- Decibel Dingbats by Sokratype
- Sounddesign by Mueller,Weiland
- Studio Tonne
- Bicycle Built for Two Thousand by Aaron Koblin and...
- Form+Format's video for the Shlohmo remix of Robot...
- Music sales by format data visualization
- Enhanced screengrab of Toulon Library visualizatio...
- Toulon Library recording with WMP visualization
- Toulon Library recordings as waveforms
- Cymatics #3
- Music notation: suggested teaching methods
- Herwig Weiser's electrochemical sound-modules
- Silence in the words of...
- How Vision Affects Sound Processing
- Sound and Geographic Visualization
- Augmented Reality drumkit
- Record grooves under an electron microscope
- Spectrogram #1
- New sound recorder
- Source Book of Proposed Music Notation Reforms by ...
- Visual Complexity inspiration
- First group tutorial
- More sound visualizations
- Participation proposal submitted
- Ligeti - Artikulation
- Death of the Diner by Ed Nacional
- Books #6
- Vintage book campaign
- Letter to the British Library
- Central Library, Manchester
- Revised proposal submitted
- A selection of libraries
- Onomatopoeia #1
- Video to sound conversion
- Noise #1
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The External Examiner recommends the Adobe Booksto...
- Proposal #1
- Books #5
- Cymatics #2
- Toulon library images
- The Marber Grid
- Cymatics #1
- Books #4
- Books #3
- Blog layout #2
- Books #2
- Center for Visual Music
- Alex Roman's 3D animation of Kahn's Library
- Mechanized Mules of Victory
- Kate Moross videos for Simian Mobile Disco
- Books #1
- Blog layout #1
- ▼ February (56)