Today was our first group tutorial of the semester with Tash. I'm already seeing some potential overlaps between the kind of areas we will individually be researching. Plus I'm once again inspired by the rest of the group's projects.
Anyway, the key thing today was in deciding to put the 'book design' aspect on the back burner for a while. It's certainly something that I'm interested in and it may very well inform the aesthetic choices I make later on, but - for now, at least - I need to concentrate on the first stage of my research which will be looking at existing ways of visualizing sound. I've now got together a long list of chapters (which can be edited down) and I really want to get this part of the project completed fully before I move on. I'll also be doing some documenting of individual libraries but I won't quite know what I'm doing with the material until I figure out what potential there is in representing it.
Tomorrow morning I'll be mentoring: doing some individual tutorials with design studies undergraduates (which I hope will also prove inspiring). Then I'll be back in the library. Given the amount of reading up I still have to do, it's probably for the best that this project is based around libraries.
- ► 2011 (13)
- Augmented Reality
- Decibel Dingbats by Sokratype
- Sounddesign by Mueller,Weiland
- Studio Tonne
- Bicycle Built for Two Thousand by Aaron Koblin and...
- Form+Format's video for the Shlohmo remix of Robot...
- Music sales by format data visualization
- Enhanced screengrab of Toulon Library visualizatio...
- Toulon Library recording with WMP visualization
- Toulon Library recordings as waveforms
- Cymatics #3
- Music notation: suggested teaching methods
- Herwig Weiser's electrochemical sound-modules
- Silence in the words of...
- How Vision Affects Sound Processing
- Sound and Geographic Visualization
- Augmented Reality drumkit
- Record grooves under an electron microscope
- Spectrogram #1
- New sound recorder
- Source Book of Proposed Music Notation Reforms by ...
- Visual Complexity inspiration
- First group tutorial
- More sound visualizations
- Participation proposal submitted
- Ligeti - Artikulation
- Death of the Diner by Ed Nacional
- Books #6
- Vintage book campaign
- Letter to the British Library
- Central Library, Manchester
- Revised proposal submitted
- A selection of libraries
- Onomatopoeia #1
- Video to sound conversion
- Noise #1
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The External Examiner recommends the Adobe Booksto...
- Proposal #1
- Books #5
- Cymatics #2
- Toulon library images
- The Marber Grid
- Cymatics #1
- Books #4
- Books #3
- Blog layout #2
- Books #2
- Center for Visual Music
- Alex Roman's 3D animation of Kahn's Library
- Mechanized Mules of Victory
- Kate Moross videos for Simian Mobile Disco
- Books #1
- Blog layout #1
- ▼ February (56)