I submitted my abstract in response to the call for participants to the organisers of the Bigger Than Words conference today. I've attached the design for the cover.
While initially very similar, the key difference between this and what I'd already sent to Lawrence and Tash was that I didn't really mention anything about book design this time: I thought that the notes on aesthetics and additional design influences were perhaps less important within the context of the conference.
What I did emphasise was the importance of classification to this study and also referenced the relevance of both Wassily Kandinsky and John Cage to the subject of visualising sound. I'd also read up a little on Spectrograms so these got a mention too.
All this is proving helpful. I've decided to get the first part of the report finished early for this semester and this reworking of my proposal in its various forms is assisting in the devising of the report's chapters. This week I want to get the 'Contents' close to finalised so that I can start the subject research in earnest.
- ► 2011 (13)
- Augmented Reality
- Decibel Dingbats by Sokratype
- Sounddesign by Mueller,Weiland
- Studio Tonne
- Bicycle Built for Two Thousand by Aaron Koblin and...
- Form+Format's video for the Shlohmo remix of Robot...
- Music sales by format data visualization
- Enhanced screengrab of Toulon Library visualizatio...
- Toulon Library recording with WMP visualization
- Toulon Library recordings as waveforms
- Cymatics #3
- Music notation: suggested teaching methods
- Herwig Weiser's electrochemical sound-modules
- Silence in the words of...
- How Vision Affects Sound Processing
- Sound and Geographic Visualization
- Augmented Reality drumkit
- Record grooves under an electron microscope
- Spectrogram #1
- New sound recorder
- Source Book of Proposed Music Notation Reforms by ...
- Visual Complexity inspiration
- First group tutorial
- More sound visualizations
- Participation proposal submitted
- Ligeti - Artikulation
- Death of the Diner by Ed Nacional
- Books #6
- Vintage book campaign
- Letter to the British Library
- Central Library, Manchester
- Revised proposal submitted
- A selection of libraries
- Onomatopoeia #1
- Video to sound conversion
- Noise #1
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The External Examiner recommends the Adobe Booksto...
- Proposal #1
- Books #5
- Cymatics #2
- Toulon library images
- The Marber Grid
- Cymatics #1
- Books #4
- Books #3
- Blog layout #2
- Books #2
- Center for Visual Music
- Alex Roman's 3D animation of Kahn's Library
- Mechanized Mules of Victory
- Kate Moross videos for Simian Mobile Disco
- Books #1
- Blog layout #1
- ▼ February (56)