27 April 2010

Cymatics experiment

I tried out some cymatics with the British Library audio using cornflour. The recordings themselves consisted of low level background noise with no extreme frequencies which might just explain why I ended up staring at a speaker containing a static white puddle for a while. So it didn't work with the tracks and the process hasn't generated any visualizations for the print project. Still, as I was set up, I thought that I should try it out using other sound. The rippled examples above were generated by the radio playing a Kanye West record. (The salt/vibration test didn't provide anything interesting either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment